John Midgley - Spiegelworld Circus
10 Undeniable Truths About Circus
1. Eventually, at some point, you will get kicked in the head, smacked in the face and hit in the crotch by someone else’s foot/face/knee/elbow/shoulder.
2. As a result of the above experiences, the amount of personal space you require will rapidly diminish in size.
3. You’ll get mystery bruises on your body and soreness in places you never even knew existed.
4. You’ll begin staring at high ceilings with exposed beams, day dreaming about rigging from them.
5. You’ll start looking like a toddler dressed you to go workout, wearing mismatched patterns on patterns on colors on colors and possibly a tutu.
6. It’ll feel totally normal for a guy to ask a girl how much she weighs and it will be totally normal for a girl to respond without being offended.
7. Men in tights.
8. Almost any skill or trick can and will be explained using only sexual innuendos.
9. Contrary to how it appears, a lot of effort goes into making circus skills look effortless.
10. But eventually it does get easier, you do get stronger, you will be more flexible and eventually you will remember to point your toes.